On vacation! Orders will be processed Thursday, October 29th!
Pair of high-strength, 1541 hardened steel axles with sealed ball wheel bearings are ideal for building custom 9" street/strip or street rod rears. Choose tapered roller bearings for circle track, pick-up and demolition derby applications.
Please check your dimensions, as all Ford housing ends and brake dimensions are not the same!
These axles require:
- 31 spline carriers
- 2.780" brake drum center hole
- Choose "Big Ford New Style/Torino" (3/8" hole) or "Old Style" (1/2" hole) wheel bearing retainers.
These axles come with 8" of spline, which can be cut with a chop saw to the desired length. Simply measure from your bare housing end to the differential cross and add 2.4". This is the ideal cut length. You must measure both sides of your housing!
- Long Axle: Maximum length 33" (overall), Minimum length 27" (overall)
- Short Axle: Maximum length 27.25" (overall), Minimum length 21.25" (overall)
- Axle flange standout/brake gap: 2.5"
- Bolt pattern: Your choice of 5 x 4 1/2" or 5 x 4 3/4"
- Tapered wheel bearings (3.15" diameter with external seal)
- Brake drum register (pilot) diameter: 2.780"
Axle package includes choice of 2" or 3" screw-in lug studs, retainer plates and tapered wheel bearings INSTALLED.
Streetable, NHRA approved axles can be used to replace stock 28 spline units (with carrier change).
If you need help deriving the correct measurements, use the Housing/Axle Calculator, and make sure the driver and passenger axle lengths fall within the range you select above. The caclulator will load in a new window, so you can return to this page when you are finished. Remember, YOU must cut the final length!